Monday 22 June 2015

Day 577: Time-Flight Part 2

Before I begin this entry, I should perhaps put a disclaimer. I have never seen Time-Flight before, and if I have, I've forgotten most of what happened within it. So when I write this, I know that I could easily be proven wrong within the next episode.

All of that said, why the hell was the Master disguised as a weird Arabic alien soothsayer called Kalid? There is literally no reason in the plot for him to be disguised in this way. His plan revolves around working in prehistoric Earth, meaning that there is little chance of him encountering the Doctor, or indeed anyone else who knows him. What's more to the point, he keeps up with this disguise all of the time, even when nobody is actually paying him any attention.

It all comes across as the production side being more interested in the spectacle of having the Master as a literal master of disguise, and for him to reveal his disguise halfway through the story. This clearly doesn't entirely work with the plot, and means that we have a far less realistic and far more stupid story as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment