Thursday 11 June 2015

Day 566: The Visitation Part 1

I've got an odd history with this episode. You see, for a while my Doctor Who viewing experience was determined by Video Cassettes and DVDs that I borrowed from my local library. There were two Doctor Who DVDs that they had, and I borrowed them reasonably regularly, on the grounds that they were a bit fancier than Cassettes. One was Pyramids of Mars, a story that I perhaps watched far too much as a child and have a slight fondness for today. The other was The Visitation, which we begin watching today. But unlike Pyramids, I never really found the space in my heart for The Visitation. It's perhaps easy to see why when as the first episode unfolds. Aside from a lengthy scene at the beginning where some peasants are attacked by a robot and some unknown creature, there isn't really anything that stands out as an amazing sequence in this story. It's all relatively tame, particularly coming after the powerhouse that was Kinda. That said, there are still good things to talk about within this story as The Visitation continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment