Monday 8 September 2014

Day 290: The Claws of Axos Episode 2

Quick one today as I'm writing to a deadline and I've had to scrap my original plans for what I was going to talk about as unintentional hilarity two days in a row may be a little too much. So instead, I'm going to talk about Axonite. Axonite represents the solution to so many of the world's problems. It is an apparently limitless source of enrgy, and can grow or shrink anything in the world. I'm reminded, as I write this, of the novel Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants. Like Axos, it too concerned itself with such a device. And also like Axos, it was later used for far more nefarious purposes. However, there exists a difference in the motive of why it is used. In the Captain Underpants book, it is used for evil due to Professor Poopypants wanting revenge on all those who have made fun of his name, taking a simple revenge plot. In Axos however, the motive is a little more complex, as they wish to drain the Earth of its energy. In this way, it acts as a nice mirror to the hope in which they place in humanity, with offering them unlimited energy, hiding the fact that whilst energy is on the menu, it isn't necessarily aimed for humanity. So there's a hidden aspect to this plot, and we'll probably come to discuss it later. But tomorrow, I think I might as well have a good old laugh at how stupid this episode can come across sometimes..,

No comments:

Post a Comment