Saturday 19 July 2014

Introducing Mitch

I can't explicitly recall whether I've mentioned this before, but I'm involved with a group known as Robogals. We go around to schools and teach young girls about science and engineering, in an effort to combat the lack of women in Science and Engineering. Several months ago, it was raised that we would go around Australia for a couple of days to travel to schools that we wouldn't necessarily get to visit from our normal base of operations. I put my hand up to be part of this trip, meaning that I made the decision to put the blog on hiatus for a couple of days, as We've Got Work To Do (title drop!). Until I had an idea. You're all probably bored of reading my thoughts and my thoughts alone, so for the remainder of The Space Pirates, a friend of mine will take over the blog, whilst I go away on work. His name's Mitch, and I'll let him introduce himself:




Hi everyone I am Thomas’ temp for a few days as he endeavours to starve himself or this consistent stream of data that we’ve come to call home, whilst he gallivants around spreading the gospel of Robogals.


1. Who are you and what do you do?

I am Mitchell McLeod and I tend to focus most of my time on living, lets be honest it’s something we all focus on, a lot! But aside from a terrible sense of humour I study Computer Engineering and Physics at UON first and foremost.

2. When did you first become aware of Doctor Who?

I became aware of the existence of Doctor Who around the age of 12, alas I didn’t take to it until much much later.

3. First episode?

I believe my first full episode was “The God Complex”, which in my opinion is somewhat of a masterpiece by Toby Whithouse and would love to write a piece on it sometime in the future (nudge nudge Tom).

4. Favourite Doctor?

Ahhhhhhhh, man, well as has been made apparent this is somewhat biased by my late adoption of the series. Buuutttt I have taken some time to review some classic episodes as well as the entire AV anthology of modern series… twice… in a year… yeah…

...So at the risk of presenting myself as tumblr incarnate I have to say Smith, being my first, holds a special place as I relate particularly to his eccentricity and vigor for life, or so I like to think. Having said that,Tennant is the doctor, end of story.  

5. Favourite companion?

Yeah I just can’t answer this, and I don’t know why.

6. Favourite writer?

Moffat. I am quietly convinced that Moffat is not human, but that’s a different story.

7. Favourite episode?

Hmmm…. tough one. I could (and have) go on about this for hours (no QM was done that day) but in the interest of brevity I’ll say either “The Girl in the Fireplace” or “A Good Man Goes to War”.

8. What else do you do with your time when you aren't wasting your life in front of TV/computer screens.

Ahh… what do you mean, I don’t understand the question?! I was not aware of alternative to staring at a screen.

However if you mean in my spare, un-uni and un-robogals time then I game and read and watch TV shows, at the moment I am working on launching an online entertainment venture called The ShadyMuffins with some of my friends which will include let’s play style gaming, a machinima called “Its Time” (bit of Who influence in there) and a weekly podcast, our website will go live soon and we will start releasing content thereafter.

Thank you everyone for having me, I really hope I can uphold the quality and conscience of Thomas during this experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment