Wednesday 9 July 2014

Day 229: The Krotons Episode 2

I have to be honest, I was worried after finishing The Invasion. I remarked afterwards that I has been essentially on holiday with the blog, as if nothing interesting happened then I could always fall back on Kevin Stoney playing Tobias Vaughn as a point of interest, as every scene that he was on screen was virtually perfect. But I needn't have worried, as I'd forgotten that the Doctor is played by Patrick Troughton, who easily makes the Doctor so absolutely wonderful. Take, for instance, his encounter with a Teaching Machine. In a single scene, he is able to be confident and then turn on a coin and become hopeless. It should feel annoying, seeing this old comedic idea of the confident man being hopeless, and yet in the hands of Troughton, he makes it into a masterpiece, playing the fool so very well. I'd recommend watching the Krotons just for this scene, as it just goes to show what a wonderful actor Patrick Troughton is.

No comments:

Post a Comment