Thursday 17 September 2015

Day 664: Delta and the Bannermen Part 3


As the story comes to an end, with a wonderfully ludicrous series of events including bees, Allen keys, singing and, of course, the obligatory character who undergoes a metamorphosis in order to change his species for reasons of love, I consider the fact that I've fallen in love with this story, and how it seems to have come out of nowhere. But, to be honest, I should have seen this coming.

A few months ago, I put the Doctor Who 50th anniversary soundtrack onto my iPod. It's a set of music covering all eras of Doctor Who, and I'll often put it on as background music when I'm doing various bits of work at the Uni. Through this set, I discovered the song 'Here's to the Future' a weird hybrid of a 1950's tune with 1980's instruments. It's not a great song, but in terms of tone and energy, it's become a rather nice little thing to have as incidental music to my daily life when I'm in the mood for something rather happy (it formed part of my soundtrack to the most recent coup in Australian politics, reflecting my mood perfectly).

And it's thus this song that sums up Delta and the Bannermen for me. It's not a great piece of work, but it's happy and easy to enjoy, so I can't help but like it, and I look forward to the next time that I decide to watch it again. But for now, there's still around 150 days left until this particular quest is over, so We've Got Work To Do!

No comments:

Post a Comment