Monday 17 February 2014

Day 87: Temple of Secrets

I suppose that I was predisposed to like The Myth Makers. The Myth Makers is the overarching title that takes the following 4 episodes, and I rank these episodes reasonably highly. They concern the Doctor and co. arriving in Ancient Greece, whereupon they discover that they have arrived towards the end of the Trojan War. Hilarity ensues. But I was looking forward to experiencing this episode, and have done since I was a small child, and first discovered Doctor Who. I discovered the series in 2003, around the time of a Doctor Who repeat series on television, and my parents let me read the several books based on the series that we had lying about the place. One of them, the Television Companion, would become a book of great excitement for me, as I would read and discover about all these episodes that I had not yet seen, including those based on Greek myths and legends, a topic that I was very interested in due to a mild addiction to the video game Age of Mythology. And of the few that were based around these myths and legends, there are only two that I distinctly remember experiencing from around that period, one of which we'll get to in due course, and the other of which is this story. For I really wanted to watch this story, however it was missing from the BBC archives, and the novelization was has disappeared from our local library completely. So, I lived in hope that I might get to experience it one day. When I finally did, it ranked as a great piece that has finally been filled in my life. Because even though I had a vague idea of what happened, it was no match for experiencing the story as a whole, and it filled that vague thought process of mine, as to finally getting round to experiencing The Myth Makers.

No comments:

Post a Comment