Tuesday 22 March 2016

The Final Day

So, there we are. It's all done and dusted. Just whilst I'm still typing away, though, I want to make a few quick mentions of some people that I really want to thank over the course of the years with this blog.

First of all, I'd like to thank my friends and family for providing moral support through these past few years. In particular, I want to thank Katherine Bowyer and Kerrie Duffy, who have 'liked' and commented on virtually every post that I've put up on Facebook. Without you two, I would have given this up a long time ago, so thank you for that.

Thanks are also due to Mitchell McLeod and Elizabeth Bowyer, the two people who have written guest entries whilst I've been otherwise indisposed. If there's one thing that this blog has taught me, it's that there are far better writers out there than me, and none more so than these two splendid human beings. And whilst I remember, thanks also to anyone who's said anything or helped me think of something for any entry in the blog. You've helped me when I've needed it, and that help is much appreciated.

Thank you to the person who put up reconstructions of all the missing episodes up on daily motion, it really helped me out in the early days of the blog, and it was a sad day when I saw that they'd all been taken down overnight. On a similar note, thank you to the old CRT TV on which I have watched most episodes of Doctor Who and has thankfully never broken throughout the years. And a special thank you to The University of Newcastle, for not judging me when I watched The Caves of Androzani Part 4 on one of your projector screens.

And finally, I want to thank you for reading this blog and making it all worthwhile. If we've never met before, I hope that we do some day, and if we have, then you have made my life all the better for it. This blog has given me some truly treasured memories, and my most treasured memories of all are when I've been interacting with you, the readers. So thank you. And goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment