Wednesday 11 February 2015

Day 446: The Robots of Death Part 3

I can easily say that The Robots of Death Part 3 is easily one of the most frigthening Doctor Who episodes that I have ever watched. From Briant's direction which, as the terrorist Taren Capel gives orders to the robots to kill all humans, cuts back and forth between images at an alarming rate, creating a sense of discomfort for the viewer. You can add to this the fact that the robots gain frightening red eyes, which made me squirm in my seat a little as well as scenes which place you on edge by guessing that a robot will jump out of nowhere and kill people and scenes where the red eyed robots advance slowly to kill their screaming prey shot from the point of view of the prey, creating a sense of terror in the audience. All of this creates a terrifying atmosphere, and left me with a feeling of actual fear and has made me look forward even more to seeing the conclusion to this story. But maybe I'll watch it in the daytime instead of the pitch black darkness of midnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment