Monday 5 January 2015

Day 410: Pyramids of Mars Part 1

It's going to be somewhat difficult to comment on this story. As mentioned previously on this blog, I used to play the video game Age of Mythology, and through it I gained an interest in Greek, Egyptian and Norse mythology. Around the same time, I was discovering Doctor Who and thus I sought out episodes where these things were heavily present. One of these was Pyramids of Mars, which I used to watch incessantly, with the end result being that I feel like I know this story like the back of my hand and there's not much that will surprise me.

But that doesn't get in the way of what is a good story. As I mentioned earlier, I was obsessed with Egyptian mythology as a child, reading and learning more and more about this thoroughly interesting culture. And this isn't just restricted to me, as Mummy movies and the like have shown with the Hammer and Universal Mummy pictures. So it makes sense for the series to take something that's popular and put a 'Doctor Who' spin on it, creating something memorable and enjoyable at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment