Tuesday 2 December 2014

Day 375: The Monster of Peladon Part 6

Much like Planet of the Daleks, as a child I somewhat wanted to see The Monster of Peladon above other stories. I'd already seen and enjoyed The Curse of Peladon, so The Monster of Peladon was high in expectation as something to look forward to. Unfortunately, in the 9 or so years between watching Curse and watching Monster, I discovered the reputation of certain stories. The Monster of Peladon, it is fair to say, does not have the best of reputations. This all meant that when I watched it, I wasn't allowed to fully engage with the story, instead I was already in a mood to criticise and poke fun at its flaws. I could make a comment here about how wrong I was, and how the story is actually incredibly good. But it isn't. That's not to say that I don't like it though. The fact that it chooses not to hide its flaws makes for some incredibly fun viewing, and I'm actually kind lf glad that I knew this story was going to be poor before I watched it, because it meant that I wasn't going to be let down again, like I was with Planet of the Daleks.

No comments:

Post a Comment