Thursday 21 November 2013

Day 0: The Beginning

Hi. How are you? That's good to hear/I'm sorry to hear that (delete as applicable). As for me, well to be honest, I'm a bit scared. Because a couple of months ago, I had the bright idea of sitting down and watching every single Doctor Who episode, in order, from the beginning. It's because there are gaps in my Doctor Who knowledge. I've never seen Mawdryn Undead or The Space Pirates, for example. But the thing that makes me scared is the scale of it. It's going to take me all the way into 2016, when, for all I know, I could be settling down to watch the last episode with Peter Capaldi as the Doctor, before he regenerates into Olivia Colman. So in order to discourage me from chickening out when I get to The Sensorites, I've decided to start this blog, as an incentive to keep me watching each episode, one a day.

And so here, you'll find my ramblings on why Paradise Towers is the best episode of Doctor Who ever made, and why The Armageddon Factor isn't. I'll talk about why The Myth Makers is the number one story that should be returned to the archives, and why it might be for the best if we just 'lost' The Twin Dilemna. So come on then, We've Got Work To Do!

No comments:

Post a Comment